How to Apply
To apply for a Grand Haven Area Community Foundation Scholarship you must be a permanent resident of the service area of the Tri-Cities (greater Grand Haven, Spring Lake, or Ferrysburg area), Allendale or Coopersville. Contact the Foundation if you have a question about eligibility. Please note, there are a few exceptions.
Click the link below to access the list of Grand Haven Area Community Foundation scholarships and requirements. Our scholarship application is available online in early January. The scholarship application deadline is March 2, 2017
Please note the following scholarships have additional requirements:
- St. Patrick's and St. Anthony's Church of Grand Haven Scholarship: One letter of recommendation is required. If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please make sure you have checked the appropriate box on the application and include the letter of recommendation with your packet.
- VFW Post 2326 Ward-Goff Memorial Scholarship: If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, check the appropriate box and supply the name of the member in good standing.
- St. John's Lutheran Church and School of Grand Haven Scholarship: If you are a graduating senior and have attended St. John's Lutheran School in Grand Haven and would like to be considered for this scholarship, check the appropriate box and indicate in your essay the dates you attended the school.
- Caesy LeMieux Central-Mary A. White Schools PTA Scholarship: If you are a graduating senior and have attended Mary A. White School in Grand Haven and would like to be considered for this scholarship, check the appropriate box and indicate in your essay the dates you attended the school.
- Careerline Tech Center Paraprofessional Scholarship: Please check the appropriate box if you are a graduating senior at the Careerline Tech Center in Holland and wish to be considered for this scholarship.
- Larson - Veneklasen Outdoor Education Scholarship and the Barbara and Nichole Heacox Foreign Travel and Study Scholarship are for specific study programs. You must indicate in your essay the dates of the program and with what program, school, or university it will be through.
After January 2 you will be able to click Apply Now at the bottom of this page, set up your user account, and create a login ID and password. Follow the directions in the application and be sure to save your work before going on to the next page.
Once you have filled out your application, print the Financial Information Form [pdf], fill out the top portion, then sign and mail it to the college(s) you hope to attend in the fall. The college(s) will complete and return the form to the Community Foundation by the beginning of April.
In addition to your application, you will need to submit the following:
- A copy of your high school or college transcript.
- Any additional required documents that are scholarship specific.
- Page 1 of the Student Aid Report (SAR) with your EFC number on it.
Print and review your online application before submitting it to make sure that all the information is complete and accurate. Be sure your essay appears correctly. Any information that does not appear on the printed page will not be seen by the scholarship selection committee.
Submit your application. Then, mail a copy of the completed submitted application with the following stapled to it:
- Transcript (do not mail transcripts separately from the application)
- Any additional documents required by specific scholarships
- Page 1 of the SAR with your EFC on it (not the estimated EFC)
Please mail to:
Grand Haven Area Community Foundation
One South Harbor Drive
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Click here to begin your 2017 Scholarship Application.
If you have any questions please contact Kim McLaughlin, or call 616-842-6378.